Near the end of the year 2020, rumors were released on r/nespresso about an upcoming redesign of the Nespresso coffee capsules for the Original Line machine. These Lungos should become available in early 2021, and this article includes information on the various changes.
The new name for the Linizio Lungo is Vienna Linizio Lungo.
Changes to the new Vienna Linizio Lungo are:
- Intensity changed from 4 to 6.
- Bitterness changed from 1 to 2.
- Roasting changed from 2 to 3.
- Description now says that a “washed” Colombian arabica is used (not sure if this is different).
The current Linizio Lungo has a malty/cereal aroma/taste profile to it, and here is my review of it for reference.
The new name for the Fortissio Lungo is Stockholm Fortissio Lungo.
There appears to be no changes to intensity or coffee sourcing for the Stockholm Fortissio Lungo. It appears to be just a name and box redesign, but not 100% certain of this.
Here is my review of the existing Fortissio Lungo for reference. It has a malty/roasty like aroma/taste profile and is a great daily Lungo. It is somewhat similar to the Master Crafted Single Origin India in that it is a monsooned coffee.
The new name of the Envivo Lungo is Cape Town Envivo Lungo.
The changes to the Cape Town Envivo Lungo are:
- Intensity changes from 9 to 10.
- Roasting changed from 4 to 5.
- Coffee sourcing changes from Indian arabica and washed Mexican robusta to additionally adding an Indian robusta.
- Aroma profile changes from Caramel/Woody to Spicy/Woody.
The Envivo Lungo is my favorite Lungo. Here is my review of the Envivo Lungo, although I should do a more updated version. It’s a Lungo that I can easily drink every single day – it is that enjoyable!
The new name of the Vivalto Lungo is Tokyo Vivalto Lungo.
The changes to the Tokyo Vivalto Lungo are:
- Intensity changes from 4 to 6.
- Acidity decreased from 2 to 1.
- Body increased from 2 to 3.
- Coffee sourcing changes from Ethiopia/Brazil to Ethiopia/Mexico.
- Aroma/taste profile may change, because it is mentioned that fruit notes are added.
The existing Vivalto Lungo is a complex/fruity type aroma/taste profile, and here is my review of the existing Vivalto Lungo. This one is great if you like complex tastes.
Enjoy your coffee and feel free to post any comments!