Near the end of the year 2020, rumors were released on r/nespresso about an upcoming redesign of the Nespresso coffee capsules for the Original Line machine. These Lungos should become available in early 2021, and this article includes information on the various changes.
The new name for the Linizio Lungo is Vienna Linizio Lungo.
Changes to the new Vienna Linizio Lungo are:
- Intensity changed from 4 to 6.
- Bitterness changed from 1 to 2.
- Roasting changed from 2 to 3.
- Description now says that a “washed” Colombian arabica is used (not sure if this is different).
The current Linizio Lungo has a malty/cereal aroma/taste profile to it, and here is my review of it for reference, and here is my Linizio Showdown article comparing the original Linizio to the new Vienna Linizio Lungo.
The new name for the Fortissio Lungo is Stockholm Fortissio Lungo.
There appears to be no changes to intensity or coffee sourcing for the Stockholm Fortissio Lungo. It appears to be just a name and box redesign, but not 100% certain of this.
Here is my review of the existing Fortissio Lungo for reference. It has a malty/roasty like aroma/taste profile and is a great daily Lungo. It is somewhat similar to the Master Crafted Single Origin India in that it is a monsooned coffee.
The new name of the Envivo Lungo is Cape Town Envivo Lungo.
The changes to the Cape Town Envivo Lungo are:
- Intensity changes from 9 to 10.
- Roasting changed from 4 to 5.
- Coffee sourcing changes from Indian arabica and washed Mexican robusta to additionally adding an Indian robusta.
- Aroma profile changes from Caramel/Woody to Spicy/Woody.
The Envivo Lungo is my favorite Lungo. Here is my review of the Envivo Lungo, although I should do a more updated version. It’s a Lungo that I can easily drink every single day – it is that enjoyable! Also, here is an article that recently created comparing both the new Cape Town with the Original Envivio.
The new name of the Vivalto Lungo is Tokyo Vivalto Lungo.
The changes to the Tokyo Vivalto Lungo are:
- Intensity changes from 4 to 6.
- Acidity decreased from 2 to 1.
- Body increased from 2 to 3.
- Coffee sourcing changes from Ethiopia/Brazil to Ethiopia/Mexico.
- Aroma/taste profile may change, because it is mentioned that fruit notes are added.
The existing Vivalto Lungo is a complex/fruity type aroma/taste profile, and here is my review of the existing Vivalto Lungo. This one is great if you like complex tastes.
I’m looking forward to the new Lungo releases in 2021! In addition to the above changes, both the Shanghai Lungo and Buenos Aires Lungo will be added.
Enjoy your coffee and feel free to post any comments!
The taste of the “new” Stockholm Fortission Lungo really is quite diferent from it’s predecessor even though Nespresso claims this coffee blend not been changed ! I find that the taste is now quite bland with a significant reduction of actual coffee flavor
It’s interesting you should say that Chris. I find it tastes exactly the same. When it first came out I still had a sleeve of the original and I compared the two and found them to be the same.
luv the vienna lungo