Starbucks back in August 2018, made a deal with Nespresso to gain the perpetual rights to market Starbucks by Nespresso coffee capsules. This started with first releasing the Original Line (OL) capsules nationwide on April 18th, 2019.
I have to admit I had my doubts when they were first released at that time, and I was constantly checking for proper coffee reviews on r/nespresso to see if users had a good comparison to Nespresso OL coffee capsules. I kept reading that users liked the new Starbucks by Nespresso capsules, so I figured I had to try out some sleeves at some point and do a proper review.
The Starbucks by Nespresso does not disappoint, these are great capsules and compare directly with Nespresso coffee itself.
Where to Purchase
The Starbucks by Nespresso capsules, oddly enough, are not available at any Starbucks store. Also, you can not buy them at the Nespresso online stores or boutiques. But you can buy them at Amazon, Walmart, Target, Costco, and also certain other stores, and even ebay. According to some users on r/nespresso, you can even buy deeply discounted capsules at certain supermarkets – so you may want to shop around.
The fact that you can buys Starbucks by Nespresso at a significantly lower cost than Nespresso capsules, is a really good reason to try out the Starbucks by Nespresso coffees. My suggestion is to at least try one or more different sleeves just to see how they are.
At the current time, only coffee for the Original Line machine is available. On May 13, 2020 on Twitter, Starbucks announced that they would also be releasing Starbucks by Nespresso for the Vertuo Line machines. Near the end of November 2020, users on r/nespresso had started to report that they could actually buy Starbucks by Nespresso for Vertuo capsules at Target stores, even though Starbucks at Home did not actually have anything about it shown on the website.
The current choices of coffees available (for OL) are:
- Espresso Roast (Ristretto, Espresso), My review here
- Espresso Roast Decaf (Ristretto, Espresso), My review here
- Sumatra (Espresso), My review here
- Caffè Verona (Espresso), My review here
- Pike Place Roast (Lungo), My review here
- Colombia (Espresso, Lungo), My review here
- House Blend (Lungo), My review here
- Blonde Espresso Roast (Ristretto, Espresso), My review here
- Holiday Blend (Lungo), My Review here
- Italian Roast (Espresso, Lungo), My Review here
- Breakfast Blend (Espresso, Lungo)
Enjoy your coffee!